Last Wednesday and Friday at the Horizon Huskies track, Xavier Track & Field competed against 21 other teams at the NE Valley Championships and came away with the team title. XCP 137, Sandra Day O’Connor 114.5, North Canyon 92, etc…
Xavier athletes produced 8 All-Time Xavier Top Ten marks, including two school records, and 28 personal bests.
All-Time Xavier Top Ten marks
- The 4x100m Relay Team of JR Maya Ofori, FR Bianca Willis, JR Mackenzie Lopez, and SO Marley Stoller broke the SCHOOL RECORD with a 48.20. The old record, 48.52, was set in 1998. Notice, there are no seniors on this record-producing relay team. I don’t think we’re done here.
- SR Riley Ward became the first Gator to crack 100 ft. in the Javelin, breaking her own SCHOOL RECORD by 8ft.-11in. Her school record stands at 107-4, with the Division 1 Championships and the State Championships on the horizon. She is currently ranked 12th in Division 1.
- FR Bianca Willis – 100m – 12.64 – moves from 9th to a tie for 8th on the Xavier Top Ten.
- JR Maya Ofori – 200m – 25.82 – enters the top ten list at #6.
- JR Mackenzie Lopez – 100 hurdles – 14.79 – moves from 3rd to 2nd. The 2nd Gator to ever go below 15 seconds.
- JR Kaira Burrage – 100 hurdles – 15.24 – moves from #7 to #4.
- JR Aymara Ubom – Discus – breaks the 100 ft barrier for the first time in her career – improving by 7ft.-9in. to 103-1 – enters the top ten at #6.
- SR Mia Feix – new to Javelin this year – went from a PR of 63-3 on March 4 to a PR of 91-6 on Friday, an astounding improvement of 28ft.-3in. – enters the top ten at #4.