Mother Mary Frances Clarke Heritage Circle
Named after Mother Mary Frances Clarke, the foundress of the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Xavier’s Heritage Circle was established to secure financial support for Xavier’s long term needs and recognize individuals who have made provisions in their estate plans for Xavier College Preparatory.
It is our hope that you will consider including Xavier in your estate plan, and if you have already done so, please let us know so that we can include you as a member of Xavier’s Mother Mary Frances Clarke Heritage Circle!
A legacy gift qualifies you as a Mother Mary Frances Clarke Heritage Circle member with these other benefits.
- Make an impact and leave your legacy
- Create something important to you
- Support Xavier and Xavier students
- Recognition as a Heritage Circle Member
- Invitation to annual Heritage Circle events
- Receive annual Heritage Circle Updates
Designating a Legacy Gift
Designating a Legacy Gift to Xavier is a great way to leave your legacy, and your membership in the Mother Mary Frances Clarke Heritage Circle can positively impact many lives. If you already have, or plan to designate a Legacy Gift to Xavier, please let us know by contacting Curtis Bruggman, Director of Legacy Giving, via email or phone.
Will or Trust
Name Xavier in your Will or Trust.
Name Xavier as a beneficiary.
IRA, 401k, Pension
Gift all of part of your retirement account(s) to Xavier.
Real Estate, Stocks, etc.
Gift all or part of your appreciated asset(s).
Savings, Checking, CD
Name Xavier as a beneficiary.
- Erin '84 & Al Alaimo
- Ann '80 & Mark Barker
- Betsey Bayless '62
- Loretto Coles Berghoff '57
- Curtis J. Bruggman
- Janet & Edward Burke
- Emily Buttersworth
- Martha & Steven Chung
- Mary Ellen & Patrick J. Cunningham
- Carolyn & Mike Donahey
- Camille Donaldson '49
- Teresa '67 & Stephen Duffy
- John Durant †
- Leslie Eckland
- Ann Grgich Graham †
- Catherine '66 & Lewis Griffin
- Kathleen '81 & Tom Harris
- Michele & Stan "Stash" Jarocki
- Patricia Jesik '61
- Meg Naughton Jones '87
- Michael King
- Kathleen & Greg Kruzel
- Jean & Mike Palumbo
- Paula & Larry Petrowski
- Denise & "Ed" Registrato
- Jean Tichenor
- Patty & Cecil "Butch" Vaughn
- Helen Watts †
- Olinda Young & Marty Johnson
Your planned gift will significantly ensure the financial future of our school. However, current campus improvements and needs are supported through annual gifts. We greatly appreciate and encourage any ongoing support you wish to consider.
Qualified retirement plans and retirement accounts such as IRA's, 401(k)s, 403(b)s and Keoghs allow individuals to defer paying taxes on a portion of their income until assets are withdrawn during retirement years. However, after a person's death, retirement plan assets distributed to individuals are subject to income tax and may also be subject to estate tax. Retirement plan assets distributed to a charity are not subject to income or estate taxes, making it advantageous to name a charity as a beneficiary of your retirement plan assets.
During your lifetime, you can make an outright gift of cash, securities or other property (real estate or personal property). Upon your death, you can make a gift through your will or living trust or your retirement plan or life insurance policy can be designated to Xavier College Preparatory.
Your tax benefits can vary greatly based on the type of gift, the time it is made, if it is outright or deferred, or if it has income payments. Below are some guidelines, but Xavier encourages you to discuss this with your tax advisor.
- Outright gifts: You will receive an immediate deduction for the full value of the gift.
- Securities: Deductible for the fair market value with no recognition of capital gains (if the gain is long-term) - a great tax benefit!
- Personal Property: Items are fully deductible at fair market value so long as they are relevant to our mission.
- Gifts upon death through your will or trust: Will generate an estate tax deduction.
- Life Insurance: Will generate an estate tax deduction.