Xavier Track & Field competed in the Chandler Rotary Invitational on Saturday, March 26. The Chandler Rotary is a huge track meet that draws teams from other states in the nation.
The meet is held on Friday and Saturday at the Chandler HS track. On Saturday, competition is held in two divisions: Elite (roughly, the top 32 athletes in each event) and Seeded (roughly, the next best 32 athletes in each event). It is a big deal to be a part of Saturday evening’s Elite Division events.
Xavier had some notable performances in the Elite Division:
- Avery Allen: 3rd in the Pole Vault (11-9) (just 3 inches below her PR)
- The 4 x 400m Relay team with an outstanding, season-best time of 4:01.59, taking 4th place.
– Mackenzie Lopez – 60.7
– Bella Gomez – 59.7
– Marley Stoller – 59.7
– Mia Stoller – 61.5
- Cierra Gonzalez: 5th in the High Jump (5-0) and 6th in the Long Jump (17-0)
Notable Gator performances in the Seeded Division:
- Mackenzie Lopez – 4th in the 100 Hurdles -16.63 (her 2nd best career time)
- Bella Gomez – 5th in the 400m with a PR of 59.86 (running under 60 sec for the first time)
- Kylie Graf – 9-sec PR in the 1600 – 5:40.34
- Frosh Mia Stoller – 1-sec PR in the 400m – 1:00.77