The mission of the Music Department of Xavier College Preparatory High School is to foster a love for and understanding of the art of music in a variety of ways:
- discovering the joy of personal expression through song study and musical analysis.
- increasing a student’s poise and confidence through performing and public speaking.
- developing the skills necessary to become a musical leader in church and community.
- enhancing and broadening a student’s exposure to different forms and genres of music.
- advancing the student's appreciation of and knowledge about a wide variety of music genres.
Our choirs contribute to many campus events including all school liturgies, the Crozier Dinner, and the X-Breakfast.