Me to We - Nicaragua
Xavier's International Studies Program
Mrs. White's shared photos from Nicaragua
Xavier College Preparatory and Me to We share similar goals to inspire youth to play an active
role in their local and global communities and to provide an opportunity for students to further
develop their leadership potential. Xavier College Preparatory strives to prepare young women
with the knowledge, skills, and integrity to meet the challenges of a changing global society in a
positive and productive manner. Me to We provides an opportunity for students to expand
their educational foundation by providing this exciting international volunteer experience!
Today more than ever, youth are truly citizens of a global community. Me to We trips allow
first-hand access to global development opportunities. Spending time with our field workers
abroad, students are given the opportunity to directly participate in a project while conversing
with those on the ground who implement the programs all year long.
Free The Children is the charity partner of Me to We. Founded in 1995 by international child
rights activist Craig Kielburger, when he was only 12 years old, Free The Children has since
grown into the largest network of children helping children through education in the world.
Free The Children has directly impacted over 1 million children in 45 countries through its
projects. Xavier is proud to have our girls travel to Nicaragua with and Free the Childrens
Adopt A Village Program. Free The Children’s holistic sustainable development model, Adopt a Village, was developed
from an understanding that everything is part of a wider system. We understand that to help
children break free from poverty, we must first empower their mothers, improve their schools,
outfit their health clinics and build their water facilities. Adopt a Village is made up of four
pillars crucial to lifting communities from poverty: Education, Alternative Income, Healthcare,
Water and Sanitation.
For more information on Me to We and Free the Children click here (www.metowe.com)
To see the blogs from the last two years click here (www.gatorsgiveback2013.wordpress.com)
The Me to We Trip Includes:
• Round trip airfare from Phoenix to Managua
• Return ground transportation from the airport in Managua to your accommodation
• All of your accommodations while in Nicaragua
• Three meals daily and purified bottled water
• Two Me To We professional facilitators , with you for the duration of the tour
• Activities might include working with local children and youth, assisting with community development projects, and assisting community members in their day to day tasks. Other activities include Spanish lessons and environmental walks with local experts.
• A leadership retreat at the end of your trip located on the Pacific coast
• Participants will be introduced to a range of social issues and leadership skills such as public speaking, fundraising, goal setting and action planning.
- Applications will go out in early September and our due by October 10th with a copy of your passport.
- Non-refundable deposits of $250 are due by Oct 10th payable online directly with Me to We
(information given upon receipt of the application).
- Trip is scheduled for June 28 - July 7, 2016
- Trip is limited to 24 students
- Students are not required to speak Spanish to participate in the trip.
- The price of the trip is approx. $3,400
- Applications are in Jenny James' classroom- F111
- Please contact Jenny James at email@example.com for more information.